-   -   How do I set up Reminders in an excel spreadsheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/74891-how-do-i-set-up-reminders-excel-spreadsheet.html)

ricksta

--
ricksta
ricksta's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32070

FSt1

How do I set up Reminders in an excel spreadsheet?

hi,
I am not sure what you mean by "reminders" but i have a small routine I use
to remind me of certain upcoming dates/events.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim dat1 As Long
dat1 = #8/18/2005# - Now()
If Date < #8/19/2005# Then
MsgBox ("This is your reminder." & vbNewLine & _
"That is " & dat1 & " days from now.")

When the workbook opens, it will display the "reminder".
put the sub in a this workbook module. you can edit the "reminders" with the
VB editor.

FSt1