-   -   how to get values from different sheet when info. matches? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/74761-how-get-values-different-sheet-when-info-matches.html)

juanpauk

how to get values from different sheet when info. matches?

Hi can anyone help me with this formula,

I am trying to MATCH 2 worksheets; SHEET 1 has the main information and

SHEET 2 has half of the infomation but that half matches the
information in SHEET 1.

How can I give the values to the SHEET 2 using the information that i
have in sheet 1?

I don know if that is clear.

sheet 1 (from B2:C9)

A 5
B 4
C 5
F 4
G 5
J 4
L 5
Q 4

sheet 2(from B2:C5)

A ?
F ?
J ?
Q ?

Many Thakns,

Juan Pablo

Biff

how to get values from different sheet when info. matches?

Hi!

In Sheet2 C2 enter this formula and copy down as needed:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(B2,Sheet1!B$2:B$9,0)),"",VLOOKUP(B2 ,Sheet1!B$2:C$9,2,0))

Biff

anpauk" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Thanks a lot Biff,

Can I ask you what is the name of that formula? or do you just made it
up?

Juan Pablo

Biff

how to get values from different sheet when info. matches?

Hi!

Can I ask you what is the name of that formula?

That is called a Lookup formula. That is just one type of lookup formula.
There are several types:

Lookup
Vlookup
Hlookup