-   -   Multiple questions in a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7460-multiple-questions-formula.html)

Have three columns R,S,T

Multiple questions in a formula

I have three cells S, T, U with vales 7,2,8
I want to look at all three cells and put the lowest value (T) in col Z
How can I do it in one formula?
Thanks

JulieD

Hi

In the cell in column Z type
=MIN(S:U)
or if there is actual cells rather than the whole column
=MIN(S1:U1)
these will put the lowest value in the cell

if it's the cell reference of the lowest value you're after use
=CELL("address",INDEX(S1:U1,MATCH(MIN(S1:U1),S1:U1 ,0)))

Cheers
JulieD

"Have three columns R,S,T" <Have three columns
wrote in message
I have three cells S, T, U with vales 7,2,8
I want to look at all three cells and put the lowest value (T) in col Z
How can I do it in one formula?
Thanks

Norman Jones

Hi,

Try:

=Min(S1:U1)

---
Regards,
Norman

wrote in message
I have three cells S, T, U with vales 7,2,8
I want to look at all three cells and put the lowest value (T) in col Z
How can I do it in one formula?
Thanks

Gord Dibben

S,T and U are not cell addresses.