-   -   appending and IF statement to an existing IF statement (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/74501-appending-if-statement-existing-if-statement.html)

spence

appending and IF statement to an existing IF statement

I have a formula that asks if cell B12 is blank, leave the cell in question
blank, but if there is a value in B12, fill the cell in question with the
value of cell B13:

=IF(isblank(B12),"",B13)

I would like to add an additional condition, which is that if the value of
B13 is less than the value of A1, a text error (such as "out of range") is
returned. All cells in question are formatted as dates.

I've tried a few ways of appending a second IF statement to me existing
forumla but am doing something incorrected. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
spence

Max

appending and IF statement to an existing IF statement

Try:

=IF(ISBLANK(B12),"",IF(B13<A1,"out of range",B13))

--
Max
Singapore