-   -   Standard Error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7442-standard-error.html)

Maral

Standard Error

I'm trying to calculate the t-stat but keep getting stumped. I used LINEST
to get the mean and standard error, but can't seem to replicate how Excel is
calculating the standard error. Does anyone have the equation that Excel is
using?

Alok Joshi

Are you looking for the function STEYX?
Alok

"Maral" wrote in message
I'm trying to calculate the t-stat but keep getting stumped. I used

LINEST
to get the mean and standard error, but can't seem to replicate how Excel

is
calculating the standard error. Does anyone have the equation that Excel

is
using?

Bernard Liengme

Excel uses the same formulas that you would find in a standard statistics
book.
Give us some data (no more than 10 (x,y) pairs) and indicate which standard
error you are concerned with (slope, Intercept, etc)

best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme