-   -   Parsing Data with Formulas (vs Text-to-Columns) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7426-parsing-data-formulas-vs-text-columns.html)

carl

Parsing Data with Formulas (vs Text-to-Columns)

I have data that looks like this:

ColA ColB
tag12!=2005 tag33!=1

is there a formula that I can place in ColB and C that will take just the
data to the right of the "=" character ?

Thank you in advance.

Frank Kabel

Hi
=MID(A1,FIND("=",A1)+1,255)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"carl" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have data that looks like this:

ColA ColB
tag12!=2005 tag33!=1

is there a formula that I can place in ColB and C that will take just

the
data to the right of the "=" character ?

Thank you in advance.

JE McGimpsey

one way:

=MID(A1,FIND("=",A1)+1,255)

where 255 is just a big number.

In article ,
"carl" wrote:

I have data that looks like this:

ColA ColB
tag12!=2005 tag33!=1

is there a formula that I can place in ColB and C that will take just the
data to the right of the "=" character ?

Thank you in advance.

Dave R.

You can use

=MID(A1,FIND("=",A1)+1,999999)

and you can place a "--" (no quotes) before the MID to make them look like
numbers.