-   -   excel formula that can subtract days (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7424-excel-formula-can-subtract-days.html)

Gofer

excel formula that can subtract days

I am trying to put in a formula that will go to a target date, add 12 months
but be the last day of the month. I tried going plus 13 months minus the
pointed to day of the month minus one more day. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Don Guillett

try
=DATE(YEAR(H1)+1,MONTH(H1)+1,1-1)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Gofer" wrote in message
I am trying to put in a formula that will go to a target date, add 12

months
but be the last day of the month. I tried going plus 13 months minus the
pointed to day of the month minus one more day. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

JE McGimpsey

Or, with two fewer operations <g:

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+13,0)

The zeroth day of the month, to XL, is the last day of the previous
month.

In article ,
"Don Guillett" wrote:

=DATE(YEAR(H1)+1,MONTH(H1)+1,1-1)

Don Guillett

Better smarty pants

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"JE McGimpsey" wrote in message
Or, with two fewer operations <g:

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+13,0)

The zeroth day of the month, to XL, is the last day of the previous
month.

In article ,
"Don Guillett" wrote:

=DATE(YEAR(H1)+1,MONTH(H1)+1,1-1)