-   -   Can function in one cell change value or function in another cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/74107-can-function-one-cell-change-value-function-another-cell.html)

me

Can function in one cell change value or function in another cell?

Can function in one cell change value or function in another cell?
For example if I want put "x" in cell A2
the formulas written in cell A1 [=A2=x] or [=A2="x"] don't work.

How to do this?

Dav

Can function in one cell change value or function in another cell?

It is not entirely clear what you want. You will have to be more
specific

if you want cell a2 to return the value of a1 =a1 will suffice (place
in cell a2)

If it is conditional

if(a1="Yes","Success","Falure") will suffice

Regards

DAv

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

davesexcel

me Wrote:
Can function in one cell change value or function in another cell?
For example if I want put "x" in cell A2
the formulas written in cell A1 [=A2=x] or [=A2="x"] don't work.

How to do this?

Just type =A2

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708

Dave Peterson

Can function in one cell change value or function in another cell?

Worksheet formulas can't put values in other cells.

me wrote:

Can function in one cell change value or function in another cell?
For example if I want put "x" in cell A2
the formulas written in cell A1 [=A2=x] or [=A2="x"] don't work.

How to do this?

--

Dave Peterson

me

Can function in one cell change value or function in another cell?

Worksheet formulas can't put values in other cells.
Dave Peterson

Thx. just want to know this.