-   -   Alert message and special situation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7376-alert-message-special-situation.html)

notsoXLsavy

Alert message and special situation

Could anybody tell me if this is possible?

My example situaton is:
C1:C5 is a list of people's names.

Cells in Column A are Data Validation List based on
=$C$1:$C$5 and drop down choices are made up to A50.

Due to a staff change, text is replaced at C2 with a new
person's name. Now the change reflects in all drop downs
from that point on!

Question:
When I click on any cell less than A51 in Column A that
contains the old C2 name, can an alert message tell me
that this person has left and will not appear in the drop
down current listing?

TIA

Biff

Hi!

You can use the data validation feature to add an input
message whenever you select one of the affected cells.

Biff

.