Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chris

Default Pivot Table Groups

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to create groups on a field in an Excel Pivot
Table such that I can manually structure the groups themselves.

E.G.

I have a field with integer values from 1 to 30. I want to create 3
summary/grouped values for the field - 1 to 12, 13-20, and 21-30. I
then want to be able to provide summary reports on those groups rather
than each individual value in the field.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Chris Gill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Dalgleish

In the pivot table, you could manually select the items, and group them
(PivotTableGroup and Show DetailGroup)

Or, in a new column in the source data, calculate the grouping, and add
that field to the pivot table.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chris

Hi Debra,

Thanks. I tried the Group function in Group and Show Detail, but I
couldn't figure out how to create irregularly sized groups of my
choosing. Do you have more information about how to use this function?