-   -   Merging Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7334-merging-cells.html)

BruceT

Merging Cells

How can I use CONCATENATE to pull the first character from cell A1 and
combine it with the contents of of Cell B1 into Cell C1

example of desired output:
Cell A1 = Bill
Cell B1 = Smith
Cell C1 = bsmith

My attempts at the Formula for C1 have been along the lines of:
=CONCATENATE((A1????),B1)

Jason Morin

=LOWER(LEFT(A1)&B1)

You can use "&" to concatenate the contents of cells.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

.