-   -   updating date! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/73098-updating-date.html)

via135

updating date!

hi all!

i am updating a worksheet on daily basis and one of the cell is having
the formula =(TODAY()-1), since i am updating the figures of the
earlier day!
what i want is when i am opening the file on Monday as well as on any
other day immediately following a holiday (will be defined by me) the
cell should automatically skip the "Sunday" and the other "Holidays"!!

hlp pl!!

-via135

--
via135
via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26725

Pete_UK

updating date!

If you use another cell to enable you to record the number of extra
days to omit, eg in A1, then your formula could be amended as follows:

=(TODAY()-1-A1)

If A1 is blank or zero it will act like your current formula. If it is
Monday after a normal weekend, enter 2 into A1. If it is the first day
back after a 4-day holiday, enter 4 in A1. And so on.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Fred Smith

updating date!

I can help you out on the Mondays.

=today()-if(mod(today()-2,7)=0,3,1)

will return Friday if today is a Monday, else the previous day.

For holidays, you'll probably have to build a table and use Lookup or Match.

Fred

"via135" wrote in message

hi all!

i am updating a worksheet on daily basis and one of the cell is having
the formula =(TODAY()-1), since i am updating the figures of the
earlier day!
what i want is when i am opening the file on Monday as well as on any
other day immediately following a holiday (will be defined by me) the
cell should automatically skip the "Sunday" and the other "Holidays"!!

hlp pl!!

-via135

--
via135
via135's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=514997

via135

updating date!

thks both of you Pete & Smith!

but.. using a holiday range would even better??!!

-via135

Fred Smith Wrote:
[...]

View this thread: