-   -   Macros and Linking (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7295-macros-linking.html)

Chris

Macros and Linking

I have multiple workbooks and need to get information from one sheet from
every book. I have created a macro that will go through all the books. Two
points
1. How can I stop the macro from prompting to save the source workbooks and
stop the message relating to the clipboard from poping up each time.
2. Can I create a named list for the macro to loop around so I don't have to
edit the macro each time a new source workbook is created
Here's my macro
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\Rousec\My Documents\wickes\ph6249.xls"
Range("A9:G29").Select
Selection.Copy
Windows("summaries.xls").Activate
Range("A1").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats, Operation:= _
xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
Range("C24").Select
Windows("ph6249.xls").Activate
ActiveWorkbook.Close
Range("A23").Select