-   -   Rounding to Nearest 250 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/72480-rounding-nearest-250-a.html)

Scott G

Rounding to Nearest 250

I am want to round entries in a spreadsheet to the nearest 250. For
example, 510 would be rounded to 500; 3,810 would be rounded to 3,750,
etcetera.

Do I use the Rounding function or a series of IF statements?

Thank you for your help!!!

Scott

Elkar

Rounding to Nearest 250

You can use the MROUND() function. It is part of the Analysis ToolPak, so
you'll need to make sure that is installed. (Tools--Add-Ins...--Check
"Analysis ToolPak"--OK)

=MROUND(A1,250)

HTH,
Elkar

"Scott G" wrote:

I am want to round entries in a spreadsheet to the nearest 250. For
example, 510 would be rounded to 500; 3,810 would be rounded to 3,750,
etcetera.

Do I use the Rounding function or a series of IF statements?

Thank you for your help!!!

Scott

Sloth

Rounding to Nearest 250

=250*ROUND(A1/250,0)

"Scott G" wrote:

I am want to round entries in a spreadsheet to the nearest 250. For
example, 510 would be rounded to 500; 3,810 would be rounded to 3,750,
etcetera.

Do I use the Rounding function or a series of IF statements?

Thank you for your help!!!

Scott

Scott G

Rounding to Nearest 250

Scott G wrote in
8.18:

Thanks for the quick reply. I really appreciate it.

Harlan Grove

Rounding to Nearest 250

Scott G wrote...
I am want to round entries in a spreadsheet to the nearest 250. For
example, 510 would be rounded to 500; 3,810 would be rounded to 3,750,
etcetera.

Without requiring the ATP, you could use

=ROUND(x/250,0)*250

Scott G

Rounding to Nearest 250

Scott G wrote in
8:

I am want to round entries in a spreadsheet to the nearest 250. For
example, 510 would be rounded to 500; 3,810 would be rounded to 3,750,
etcetera.

Do I use the Rounding function or a series of IF statements?

Thank you for your help!!!

Scott

Is there a way to round UP to the nearest 250 without using an IF
statement?

Thanks Again,
Scott

Scott G

Rounding to Nearest 250

Scott G wrote in
8.18:

Scott G wrote in
8:

I am want to round entries in a spreadsheet to the nearest 250. For
example, 510 would be rounded to 500; 3,810 would be rounded to

3,750,
etcetera.

Is there a way to round UP to the nearest 250 without using an IF
statement?

Thanks Again,
Scott

I found my own answer by using ROUNDUP. This forumla seems to work:

=250*ROUNDUP(A2/250,0)

Thanks for your help!