-   -   Time Calculation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/72473-time-calculation.html)

Mike G

Time Calculation

What formula do I need to calculate elapsed time?

e.g. I need to calculate time from start to finish of a job and total
elapsed time for a weekly time sheet.

I want to enter start time and stop time for various activities and be able
to subtotal and total time spent for driving and time spent on various jobs.
I need to calculate total in both rows and columns.

Thanks for any help.

Fred Smith

Time Calculation

To calculate elapsed time, just subtract the two cells, as in:

=a2-a1

Format the result as time.

When you total the result, if you might want to use [hh]:mm as the format which
will display times greater than 24 hours.

Fred