-   -   How can I write an if-then formula for 0 or less than 0 in cell t. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7244-how-can-i-write-if-then-formula-0-less-than-0-cell-t.html)

Baz1

How can I write an if-then formula for 0 or less than 0 in cell t.

I am trying to write an if-then formula for a cell that if the formula causes
the cell ballance to become 0 or less than 0, then the formaula will be
referred to another cell to complete the application. (i.e. subtract cell C5
from cell D3. if cell D3 becomes 0 or less than 0, then subtract the
remainder from cell D4. If D4 becomes 0 or less than 0, then subtract the
remainder from cell D5). I am using office 2000 SR-1 Professional

JE McGimpsey

I'm not sure exactly what you're after, but if you put this in E3:

=MAX(SUM($D$3:D3)-$C$5,0)

and copy down to E5, then the results will return the highest of the
cumulative remainder or 0. For instance the formula above would return

C D E
3 10 0
4 10 7
5 13 10 10