-   -   Lookup Table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7242-lookup-table.html)

Ben

Lookup Table

I am trying to build a lookup table to extract the last
five entries in a list. As data is entered, I want the
table to update itself. Could someone point me in the
right direction?

Thank You.

Don Guillett

why not use match to find the last row and then -1, -2,-3,-4 and then use
index for the column

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Ben" wrote in message
I am trying to build a lookup table to extract the last
five entries in a list. As data is entered, I want the
table to update itself. Could someone point me in the
right direction?

Thank You.

JE McGimpsey

One way:

Assume your list is in A1:Ax, with no blanks. The last 5 entries can be
returned by selecting 5 cells in another column and array-entering
(CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RETURN):

=OFFSET(A1,COUNTA(A:A)-5,0,5,1)

Note: this fails if there are less than 5 items in column A.

In article ,
"Ben" wrote:

I am trying to build a lookup table to extract the last
five entries in a list. As data is entered, I want the
table to update itself. Could someone point me in the
right direction?

Thank You.

Ben

Thank you. This is what I have so far:

=INDEX(SALES,MATCH(TODAY(),SALE_DATE,1),MATCH
(O4,O13:T13,0))

This works fine for the last entry. I now need the next
previous entry, which may have the same date. Any help?

Thank You.

.

[...]

try just adding -1 between last ))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Ben" wrote in message

Thank you. This is what I have so far:

=INDEX(SALES,MATCH(TODAY(),SALE_DATE,1),MATCH
(O4,O13:T13,0))

This works fine for the last entry. I now need the next
previous entry, which may have the same date. Any help?

Thank You.

why not use match to find the last row and then -1, -2,-

3,-4 and then use
index for the column

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Ben" wrote in

message
I am trying to build a lookup table to extract the last
five entries in a list. As data is entered, I want the
table to update itself. Could someone point me in the
right direction?

Thank You.

Ben

I tried this. Doesn't work. How would I make the second
formula remain the same but not equal the results of the
first?

TIA
Ben
[...]

..