-   -   static time in formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/72416-static-time-formula.html)

sklomstad

static time in formula

I am creating a log sheet. I need the date and time to automatically enter in
cell b2 when text is entered in a2. However, once that time is entered, I do
not want it to update next time I open the document. Currently, I am using
the NOW function, but it updates everytime I open the document. If I go to
tools, options, calculatons, I can change when Excel updates. However, I need
it to update everytime I open the file, because there are other formulas in
the document that must be updated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peo Sjoblom

static time in formula