-   -   inserting an additional line of text within same cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/72280-inserting-additional-line-text-within-same-cell.html)

knet22

inserting an additional line of text within same cell

If I try to hit "enter" so that I can add an addtional line text it just
moves me down to the next cell. How can I get the cells to look like this:

Family Care Cener
Dr. Johnson

Kevin Vaughn

inserting an additional line of text within same cell

Use alt-enter. If necessary, turn word-wrap on (format-cells-alignment and
check wrap text. I don't believe I have ever needed this step.)

--
Kevin Vaughn

"knet22" wrote:

If I try to hit "enter" so that I can add an addtional line text it just
moves me down to the next cell. How can I get the cells to look like this:

Family Care Cener
Dr. Johnson

Elkar

inserting an additional line of text within same cell

Use ALT+Enter

HTH,
Elkar