-   -   deleting duplicate names (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/72224-deleting-duplicate-names.html)

chris

deleting duplicate names

I have an excel spreadsheet with over 19,000 contacts. Some are duplicates
(Contact) and I would like delete them.
The columns across the top are as follows:
Company/Contact/Phone1/Zip/Address/City/Acct Manager/Record Type

Can someone please write a macro, or tell me how to delete the duplicates
for Column B?

David McRitchie

deleting duplicate names

Hi Chris,
You can use Filtering to delete duplicate based on one column,
you would have to use a helper column to use filtering and not use a macro.
Filter Unique Records
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR

You might also look at Chip Pearson's page on duplicates
subtopic -- Tagging Duplicates
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...gingDuplicates

and two video presentations on duplicates as an explanation of formulas at
http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm

---
HTH,