-   -   Sum function not working correctly in Excel (Skips Cell) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7215-sum-function-not-working-correctly-excel-skips-cell.html)

Tony

Sum function not working correctly in Excel (Skips Cell)

I have one cell that is not included in a sum function. This repeats in
several worksheets. e.g. =SUM(C6:C11) Cell C7 is not added in the list.
If I type in the formula =C6+C7+C8+C9+C10+C11 it will give the correct result.

Thanks in Advance

Don Guillett

c7 is TEXT. change

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Tony" wrote in message
I have one cell that is not included in a sum function. This repeats in
several worksheets. e.g. =SUM(C6:C11) Cell C7 is not added in the

list.
If I type in the formula =C6+C7+C8+C9+C10+C11 it will give the correct

result.

Thanks in Advance

Paulw2k

Hi Tony,

C7 has a number formatted as TEXT, change it. Then the Sum function will
work.

Paul

"Tony" wrote in message
I have one cell that is not included in a sum function. This repeats in
several worksheets. e.g. =SUM(C6:C11) Cell C7 is not added in the
list.
If I type in the formula =C6+C7+C8+C9+C10+C11 it will give the correct
result.

Thanks in Advance

Tony

Thanks, that did it. Just a note... I did have to retype the value in the
cell for it to recognize it.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

c7 is TEXT. change

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Tony" wrote in message
I have one cell that is not included in a sum function. This repeats in
several worksheets. e.g. =SUM(C6:C11) Cell C7 is not added in the

list.
If I type in the formula =C6+C7+C8+C9+C10+C11 it will give the correct

result.

Thanks in Advance

Don Guillett

glad to help.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Tony" wrote in message
Thanks, that did it. Just a note... I did have to retype the value in

the
cell for it to recognize it.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

c7 is TEXT. change

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Tony" wrote in message
I have one cell that is not included in a sum function. This repeats

in
several worksheets. e.g. =SUM(C6:C11) Cell C7 is not added in the

list.
If I type in the formula =C6+C7+C8+C9+C10+C11 it will give the correct

result.

Thanks in Advance

Gord Dibben

Tony

That is correct and Don and Paul could have mentioned that.

Just changing the format will not change the text to number.

Re-enter as you did or if you have a great whack of these you can copy an
empty cell formatted as General or Number then select your great whack and
Paste SpecialAddOKEsc.

This forces them into numbers.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:23:03 -0800, "Tony"
wrote:

Thanks, that did it. Just a note... I did have to retype the value in the
cell for it to recognize it.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

c7 is TEXT. change

--