-   -   Auto Update of a field referencing to a field in another workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/71590-auto-update-field-referencing-field-another-workbook.html)

Camper Joe

Auto Update of a field referencing to a field in another workbook

Hi

I have a customer who claims that he has a file that references a field in
another file. (Excel Document)

He says that when he updated data in the one, the other one immediately
updated
by itself. Is this possible?

I can only get it to update once I hit "Save"

Thanks

Dave Peterson

Auto Update of a field referencing to a field in another workbook

If both workbooks are open in the same instance of excel (and calculation is set
for automatic), then those formulas will update right away.

I'm guessing that you actually had two instances of excel open and each workbook
was in one of those separate instances.

--

Dave Peterson