-   -   Copying from list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7151-copying-list.html)

Mortthesport

Copying from list

In Excell, I would like to be able to copy from a list simply by clicking on
cell and dragging the info to a new cell without losing the info from the
original cell. I guess I'm trying to combine "move" and "copy/past" in one
move. Can this be done?

Debra Dalgleish

Hold the Ctrl key while you drag
Release the mouse button when you reach the new cell,
then release the Ctrl key

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List