-   -   when I save a file from Excel 2003 to cd it saves as read only (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/71428-when-i-save-file-excel-2003-cd-saves-read-only.html)

mmjjmm

when I save a file from Excel 2003 to cd it saves as read only

Every time I try to save a workbook to a cd to use at work, the file is saved
as a read only file. When I try to change the property by clearing the read
only box, an error message comes up that access to the file is denied ans the
function is not allowed

Dave Peterson

when I save a file from Excel 2003 to cd it saves as read only

Lots (all??) of CDs work that way.

I just copy the file to the local harddrive and change the attributes there.

--

Dave Peterson