-   -   Is there a formula to convert numbers to written text in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7141-there-formula-convert-numbers-written-text-excel.html)

LZC

Is there a formula to convert numbers to written text in Excel?

I found the =BAHTTEXT() formula to convert to Thai, but can't find anything
to convert in English. For example, I am trying to convert "123" into "one
hundred and twenty three". Can anyone help me?

tjtjjtjt

There is no built-in way to do this, but you might check this out for
possible solutions:
http://www.excelforum.com/archive/in.../t-205528.html

tj

"LZC" wrote:

I found the =BAHTTEXT() formula to convert to Thai, but can't find anything
to convert in English. For example, I am trying to convert "123" into "one
hundred and twenty three". Can anyone help me?

Trevor Shuttleworth

Regards

Trevor

"LZC" wrote in message
I found the =BAHTTEXT() formula to convert to Thai, but can't find anything
to convert in English. For example, I am trying to convert "123" into
"one
hundred and twenty three". Can anyone help me?

David McRitchie

There are variations: in the US the word "and" signifies a
decimal point; elsewhere, it may be correct to also place an
"and" somewhere else like in gasping for breath. Perhaps
you don't want to see the words "dollars" or "cents" and/or
perhaps you want the cents spelled out or written as xx/100

Some other webpages to look at in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...numberstowords
but I wasn't aware of differences in usage of "and" when I wrote
that section and didn't update it when I learned of it.
---
HTH,

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote in message ...

Regards

Trevor