-   -   I want to use a formula in excel to highlight a cell 30 days prio (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/71199-i-want-use-formula-excel-highlight-cell-30-days-prio.html)

MWad22368

I want to use a formula in excel to highlight a cell 30 days prio

I am using Excel 2003. I want to have Excel highlight the cell 30 days prior
to the date that I put into the cell. Example 4/30/06...I want excel to
highlight the cell yellow 30 days prior to that date. Also...I want excel to
highlight the cell red when the date has past (expired).

Peo Sjoblom

I want to use a formula in excel to highlight a cell 30 days prio

assume the dates starts in C1 going down, select all cells from C1 do
formatconditional formatting
formula is

=$E$1-C130

where E1 would be the cell where you put the date

click format and select red pattern

add a second condition and use

=$E$1-C1=30

select red pattern, press OK twice