-   -   Format numbers in multiples of 1000 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/71193-format-numbers-multiples-1000-a.html)

KopRed

Format numbers in multiples of 1000

I have a number of budget pages which have been laid out as 000's. ie. if the
budget displays 100 then the figure should be read as 100,000. If the figure
is .5 then it should be read as 500.

what I want to do is change this to show the full value. I thought there was
an option in paste special to multiply each number being pasted by a given
number. However, I can't find this option.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

daddylonglegs

Format numbers in multiples of 1000

Yes, there is an option to do that.

Put 1000 in an empty cell and copy that cell then select the range of
cells you wish to multiply by 1000 and use Edit Paste Special
Multiply

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

KopRed

Format numbers in multiples of 1000

Perfect, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks