-   -   Trend Lines (or Linest?) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7119-trend-lines-linest.html)

Martinaire

Trend Lines (or Linest?)

Having calculated a Trend Line how do I get the trend line data back into a
spreadsheet from the chart. ie I've calculated sales over 12 months, then
calculated the trend but I want the actual trend data in a spreadsheet as
well as the original data.

Bernard Liengme

If linear, use SLOPE & INTERCEPT functions
For polynomials, et use LINEST as in
=LINEST(B1:B10,A1:A10^{1,2,3}), =LINEST(A1:A10, LOG(B1:B10)), etc
see my website

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Martinaire" wrote in message
Having calculated a Trend Line how do I get the trend line data back into
spreadsheet from the chart. ie I've calculated sales over 12 months, then
calculated the trend but I want the actual trend data in a spreadsheet as
well as the original data.

Harlan Grove

"Martinaire" wrote...
Having calculated a Trend Line how do I get the trend line data back into
a spreadsheet from the chart. ie I've calculated sales over 12 months,
then calculated the trend but I want the actual trend data in a
spreadsheet as well as the original data.

See

http://google.com/groups?selm=dbrade....microsoft.com

Or if that url wraps, try

http://makeashorterlink.com/?F699210D5