-   -   Format cell to show duration of phone calls (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/70892-format-cell-show-duration-phone-calls.html)

Dana

Format cell to show duration of phone calls

I am trying to enter totals on a spreadsheet to show call duration. Example:
If someone spent 1 hour 33 minutes and 22 seconds I would like to see
1:33:22, but it shows like a time, not duration! I have total time spent on
phone, total number of calls made and received and want to divide to reflect
average duration of each call. HELP

Thanks.

Bernard Liengme

Format cell to show duration of phone calls

I entered 1:33:22 in A1 and it displayed as 1:33:22 although the Formula Bar
showed 1:33:22 AM
In B1 I entered =A1/3 and the displayed value was 0:31:07
Please tell us more about the problem
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme