-   -   Excel sort application should work with Project WBS (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/70819-excel-sort-application-should-work-project-wbs.html)

Ribas

Excel sort application should work with Project WBS

I saved a MS Project as a MS Excel file. One of the fields that where in the
file was the WBS (1.1, 1.1.2, .1.4.5). When in the excel sheet I try to sort
by this column, it separates not just each number between the dots, but each
digit. Example:
the number 1.1.14 comes before 1.1.9, and that should not happen.
Hope Ill get an answer.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Jim Cone

Excel sort application should work with Project WBS

That is the way Excel sorts...character by character ( 1 comes before 9).
or maybe...
http://www.officeletter.com/blink/specialsort.html
review of a commercial program

Jim Cone