-   -   Array formula expertise needed (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/70781-array-formula-expertise-needed.html)

CJ-22

Array formula expertise needed

I've gained a lot of knowledge from this forum about array formulas and
I am now using excel far more efficient than ever before. Thanks a
bunch. Now I think I may be getting greedy. Can anyone tell me if
this is possible.

I am a teacher and I now want to take my record keeping a step further.
I keep daily records on a sheet that looks like this:

D1:CC1 = Dates
A2:C426 = ID#/First Name/Last Name
D2:CC426 = Daily Records like (absence/tardy/missing
assignments/discipline)

I want to create another sheet that will generate a list of all
students who have specific comments like "t" for tardy or "m" for
missing assignments. I want the list to show the student ID number,
name, and the date of the comment. I also want this list to generate
in order of the date of the comment.

The last thing I want it to be able to do is work in conjunction with
my school's discipline policy. For example: the tardy policy is 1st =
warning, 2nd = detention, 3rd = detention, and 4th on up = referral to
the office. I want this sheet to only list the second and third
tardies to create a detention list.

Maybe this is asking a lot of excel but does anyone know if this is
possible? Thanks a ton for any replies.

--
CJ-22
CJ-22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17551