-   -   Calculate the difference between two times (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/70738-calculate-difference-between-two-times.html)

Buffgirl71

Calculate the difference between two times

I have two columns formatted as time in this manner: NN:NN:NN. I want
to calculate the difference between the two times. For example, in the
first column I might have 10:02:01 and in the second column I might
have 10:05:03. I want to calculate the time elapsed between the two
times: 00:03:02. Is there a way I can do that in Excel?

Bob Phillips

Calculate the difference between two times

Just subtract one from the other and format as time. If the times could span
a day, use =MOD(B1-A1,1)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips