-   -   How to get excel cells to change colors depending on value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7048-how-get-excel-cells-change-colors-depending-value.html)

KV

How to get excel cells to change colors depending on value

I'd like to know if anyone knows how to get excel cells to change color
depending on their value. We're working with a database and want cells to
turn one color when the value is positive and another color when the value is
negative.

Thanks for the help,
KV

peter

Hi,
highlight the cell and click format|conditional formating

peter
I'd like to know if anyone knows how to get excel cells

to change color
depending on their value. We're working with a database

and want cells to
turn one color when the value is positive and another

color when the value is
negative.

Thanks for the help,
KV
.

Jamie Collins

"peter" wrote ...

cells to
turn one color when the value is positive and another
color when the value is
negative.

highlight the cell and click format|conditional formating

Also, can use the older style custom number formats e.g.

[Blue]General;[Red]-General;[White]General

Anyone know where that KB article with details on these formats or has
a copy somewhere?

Jamie.