-   -   DSUM returns #VALUE! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/70429-dsum-returns-value.html)

Peter C

DSUM returns #VALUE!

=DSUM(DIVOH,$CX$1,$DG$2:$DG$20)

I have the above DSUM that refers to a "DIVOH" workbook, and returns #VALUE!
instead of a numerical 0 if the search is unsuccesful. Note that it returns
numerical results on successful searches.

Q: How do I get this to return a numerical nil for searches that cannot find
what they are looking for, instead of the #VALUE that is currently being
returned?

Thanks for any assistance.

Peter C

Peter C

DSUM returns #VALUE!

No worries, found the answer to my question:
=IF(ISERROR(DSUM(DIVOH,$CX$1,$DG$2:$DG$20)),0)