Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pdberger

Default Histogram from multi-page info

To All --
I have two years' worth of individual production data, one month per page.
On each page, I have a list of individuals' production in different
departments, summing up to a column of totals for that individual that month.

I want to create a histogram (using data analysis toolpak) comprised of
those monthly totals for each individual, so I get a sense of the
distribution.

When I create the histogram using one page's worth of data, it works fine.
When I select the same range of cells across all 24 pages, I get an error
message saying that the range is invalid.

What am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme

Why not make a summary page with the month/year, individual, total
production?
Without know the sheet layout I cannot be more specific
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"pdberger" wrote in message
To All --
I have two years' worth of individual production data, one month per page.
On each page, I have a list of individuals' production in different
departments, summing up to a column of totals for that individual that
month.

I want to create a histogram (using data analysis toolpak) comprised of
those monthly totals for each individual, so I get a sense of the
distribution.

When I create the histogram using one page's worth of data, it works fine.
When I select the same range of cells across all 24 pages, I get an error
message saying that the range is invalid.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pdberger

Thanks, Bernard. Something I was hoping to avoid but, if that's the easiest
way, that's what I'll do.

"pdberger" wrote in message
To All --
I have two years' worth of individual production data, one month per page.
On each page, I have a list of individuals' production in different
departments, summing up to a column of totals for that individual that
month.

I want to create a histogram (using data analysis toolpak) comprised of
those monthly totals for each individual, so I get a sense of the
distribution.

When I create the histogram using one page's worth of data, it works fine.
When I select the same range of cells across all 24 pages, I get an error
message saying that the range is invalid.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike Middleton

pdberger -

After you use Bernard's suggestion, if you regard your data as "many many
values" so that it is nearly continuous, and if you want a slightly better
looking histogram, try my free Better Histogram add-in, available for
download from www.treeplan.com.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com