-   -   calculate month from week number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6996-calculate-month-week-number.html)

ankman

calculate month from week number

I need to be able to calculate the month from a week number entered onto
a worksheet. i.e.

week Month
1 Jan
2 Jan
3 Jan
4 Jan
5 Feb

A sumif statement will then be used to extract data from another
worksheet based on Month returned. (The months on the other worksheet
are in text format)

Can anyone help? I'm stumped!

Thanks Guys

--
ankman
ankman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16796

bveara

See the web site: http://www.pvv.org/~nsaa/ISO8601.html

They have some examples.

"ankman" wrote in message

I need to be able to calculate the month from a week number entered onto
a worksheet. i.e.

week Month
1 Jan
2 Jan
3 Jan
4 Jan
5 Feb

A sumif statement will then be used to extract data from another
worksheet based on Month returned. (The months on the other worksheet
are in text format)

Can anyone help? I'm stumped!

Thanks Guys

--
ankman
ankman's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=319938

bveara

This works too. Cell A14 has the week number. Cell B14 has the year.
Returns the date of the Monday of that week.

=DATE(B14,1,1)+((A14-1)*7)-WEEKDAY(DATE(B14,1,1)+(A14-1)*7,2)+1

-BV