-   -   Sort is turned off. How do I turn it on? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/69943-sort-turned-off-how-do-i-turn.html)

Ludwig1251

Sort is turned off. How do I turn it on?

"Sort Ascending" and "Sort Descending" are turned off. How do I turn them
on?

"The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly
teaches me to suspect that my own is also."--Mark Twain

Paul B

Sort is turned off. How do I turn it on?

Ludwig1251, is the sheet protected?

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Ludwig1251" wrote in message
"Sort Ascending" and "Sort Descending" are turned off. How do I turn them
on?

"The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly
teaches me to suspect that my own is also."--Mark Twain

Ludwig1251

Sort is turned off. How do I turn it on?

Thanks for your quick response, Paul. Yes, the sheet is protected--by ME. I
know the password. I tried closing it and reopening; it opened, but the Sort
buttons are still turned off.
--

"Paul B" wrote:

Ludwig1251, is the sheet protected?

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Ludwig1251" wrote in message
"Sort Ascending" and "Sort Descending" are turned off. How do I turn them
on?

Dave Peterson

Sort is turned off. How do I turn it on?

Unprotect the worksheet, sort the data, reprotect the worksheet.