-   -   Excel formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/69936-excel-formulas.html)

Chrissy

Excel formulas

When place the formula =A1*.25. (If the value place in A1 is 100 than when I
put 100 into the cell I should get 75.) But when I place a value into cell A1
it overwrites my formula and leaves a value of 100 and my formula is missing.
Please advise.

mrscott

Excel formulas

Are you typing the formula in cell A1 too? If so that is the problem. Try
typing 100 in cell A1, then your formula is cell B1. Your answer will be in
cell B1.