-   -   WorkSheet Function Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/69929-re-worksheet-function-help.html)

Ron Coderre

WorkSheet Function Help

Try something like this:

For Questions in A1:A10 and Responses in B1:B10

A11: Yes
B11: =COUNTIF(B1:B10,A11)

A12: Yes
B12: =COUNTIF(B1:B10,A12)

Or perhaps this:
B11: ="Yes count: "&COUNTIF(B1:B10,"Yes")&" No count: "&COUNTIF(B1:B10,"No")

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Dawn" wrote:

I have created a basic worksheet where my column is asking a question such as
is form signed and the user would have to answer either yes or no. I would
like to create a formula that will automatically add up each yes and each no
in the columns. Can someone help me write the formula please?