-   -   Yahoo + "Get External Data" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/69667-yahoo-get-external-data.html)

99atlantic

Yahoo + "Get External Data"

If you wanted to use the get external data - web query to download a
yahoo finance spreadsheet automatically, is there anyway to get it to
download and get it into proper column format automatically?

E.g., you want to have an automatic spreadsheet from

http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/tabl...a=1&b=1&c=1980

so you use that as the web query, except it downloads it as comma
deliminted, NON-COLUMIZED (i.e., just 1 big column). The only way I can
figure out how to get it into columns is to manually do it, but
certainly there's got to be some way to get it to automatically sort
upon download w/o you ahving to click through to tell it to.

--
99atlantic
99atlantic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31194

paul

Yahoo + "Get External Data"

if you have it opened in excel as as you say one W I D E column highlight all
the data go to the data menu and then text to columns....somehow you can get
the same dialog before you import your data
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!