-   -   Check Boxes (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/69549-check-boxes.html)

adyer

Check Boxes

Is there a way that I can insert check boxes into an excel spreadsheet?

Roger Govier

Check Boxes

Hi

The following code will place a series of checkboxes alongside values in
another column, in Column G in this example.

Sub CreateCheckBoxes()
On Error Resume Next
Dim c As Range, myRange As Range, lastcell As Long
If Application.ScreenUpdating = True _
Then Application.ScreenUpdating = False
lastcell = Cells(Rows.Count, 6).End(xlUp).Row
Set myRange = Range("G1:G" & lastcell)
For Each c In myRange.Cells
ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes.Add(c.Left, _
c.Top, c.Width, c.Height).Select
With Selection
.LinkedCell = c.Address
.Characters.Text = ""
.Name = "Check" & c.Address
.Display3DShading = True
End With
Next
myRange.Select
Selection.ColumnWidth = 2.15
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

After ticking, just check whether value of cell in G is TRUE or FALSE
You can copy the code I posted and paste it into your Visual Basic
Editor
(VBE) in a Standard Module located in your project (workbook). Shortcut
keys would be ..

Alt + F11 (open VBE)
Ctrl + R (open Project Explorer)
Select file on left
If no modules exist:
Insert | Module
Paste code in Module
If modules exist:
Double click desired module
Paste code in Module
Add code as desired

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"adyer" wrote in message
Is there a way that I can insert check boxes into an excel
spreadsheet?

dmexcel

Check Boxes

Hi Roger,
I was playing around with your code, is there a way to ensure that the
checkBoxes won't group together. if I put a formula in column H like
=If(G1=True,2,1) and copied this down to the end of the checkbox row
after this the boxes became grouped