jenhow

Vlookup - no match

I have a range of data like this

A B
12 0.014
13 0.021
14 0.019
15 0.022

I have Vlookup value to return the value from column B if a cell matches
column A. I would like it to return another value (0.006) if the number that
is entered into the cell is not listed in column A.

I have tried a few different options, but can't seem it get it to work
properly.

Thanks.

Elkar

Vlookup - no match

Assuming C1 is the value you want to lookup, try this:

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(C1,$A$1:$B$4,2,FALSE)),.0006,V LOOKUP(C1,$A$1:$B$4,2,FALSE))

HTH,
Elkar

"jenhow" wrote:

I have a range of data like this

A B
12 0.014
13 0.021
14 0.019
15 0.022

I have Vlookup value to return the value from column B if a cell matches
column A. I would like it to return another value (0.006) if the number that
is entered into the cell is not listed in column A.

I have tried a few different options, but can't seem it get it to work
properly.

Thanks.

PCLIVE

Vlookup - no match

One way:

=IF(COUNTIF(A1:A4,C1)<1,0.006,VLOOKUP(C1,A1:B4,2))

HTH,
Paul