-   -   Week Number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/69381-week-number.html)

Decreenisi

Week Number

Hi, Can anyone help me out please ? I have an excel spreadsheet to
track reject activity at the customer. In col A is the date (Format
03-Feb-06). In col B I want to autofill the week number, from the date
in col A. I also want Col B to be blank if there is no date in col A. I
think I can do that with =IF(A30,FORMULA,""). Lastly, will I have to
change date format in col A ???
Thanks in advance, Dunc.

SteveG

Week Number

The date format does not need to be changed.

In B1

=IF(ISBLANK(A1),"",weeknum(A1))

Drag down entire column.

Cheers,

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

wAyne

Week Number

Try this
CEILING(DAYS360(DATE(YEAR(A4),1,1),A4)/7,1)

replace Formula in your Formula with the above -- the If statement you have
is correct and no you will not need to change date formats...

wAyne

"Decreenisi" wrote:

Hi, Can anyone help me out please ? I have an excel spreadsheet to
track reject activity at the customer. In col A is the date (Format
03-Feb-06). In col B I want to autofill the week number, from the date
in col A. I also want Col B to be blank if there is no date in col A. I
think I can do that with =IF(A30,FORMULA,""). Lastly, will I have to
change date format in col A ???
Thanks in advance, Dunc.

Decreenisi

Week Number