-   -   How can I relate three or more lists to one another? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6915-how-can-i-relate-three-more-lists-one-another.html)

Matt

How can I relate three or more lists to one another?

How can I relate three or more lists to one another? For example:

If someone choses a manufactuer, then the next list will list only models by
that manufacturer. Then, if they choose a certain model, only the colors
available in the model by the manufacturer will appear on the third list. So
on and so forth. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated!

PeterAtherton

Matt

Why not use one complete list and use Auto Filters (or advanced filters) to
show just the results you want?

regards
Peter

"Matt" wrote:

How can I relate three or more lists to one another? For example:

If someone choses a manufactuer, then the next list will list only models by
that manufacturer. Then, if they choose a certain model, only the colors
available in the model by the manufacturer will appear on the third list. So
on and so forth. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Gord Dibben

Matt

You could use Data Validation drop-down dependent lists.

For setup of this see Debra Dalgleish's site.

You can create several "and so forth" lists dependent upon the choice in the
drop-downs.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP