-   -   When I select "format cells", the format dialog box does not disp. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6908-when-i-select-%22format-cells%22-format-dialog-box-does-not-disp.html)

Andy S.

When I select "format cells", the format dialog box does not disp.

There are times when working on an Excel spreadsheet (Excell 2000) and I
select "Format Cells (whether off of the tool bar or "right click"), the
format cells dialog does not display and I cannot format the selected cells.
Usually I have to shutdown the computer and re-boot. Sometimes even that
doesn't help.

Bluemax0518

Left clicking anywhere on the spreadsheet before clicking "Format Cells" may
help.

"Andy S." wrote:

There are times when working on an Excel spreadsheet (Excell 2000) and I
select "Format Cells (whether off of the tool bar or "right click"), the
format cells dialog does not display and I cannot format the selected cells.
Usually I have to shutdown the computer and re-boot. Sometimes even that
doesn't help.

Bluemax0518

Let me try again. Left click anywhere on the spreadsheet then go back to the
cell you want to format and clck on it. Then go to "Format Cells". Might
help.