-   -   The countif function in Excel 2002. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6893-countif-function-excel-2002-a.html)

Lounsbud

The countif function in Excel 2002.

I am wondering if it is possible to use a boolean in conjunction with the
countif function? What I want to be able to do is count the number of laptops
(for example) at our various offices. Right now I have each office in its own
worksheet so I just count the one column for laptop. What I would like to be
able to do is have all offices in one sheet and count laptop for every row
that has a particular office number and laptop under the system type so my
summary inventory is updated automatically. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
David

JulieD

Hi