-   -   How can I view color coordinated formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/68824-how-can-i-view-color-coordinated-formulas.html)

M&A_Jack

How can I view color coordinated formulas

When I double click onto a cell that contains a formula, excel automatically
highlights (using bold colors) the corresponding cells containing the
variables of the formula.

Is there a way to view excel with that function turned on continuously? I
can then arrow down and verify my formulas are pulling from the appropriate
cells.

vezerid

How can I view color coordinated formulas

There is another feature of Excel that might help you, and this is
Dependencies. These are the commands available under Tools|Formula
Auditing.

It is possible to write an event macro Worksheet_SelectionChange(),
which will fire automatically when you make a selection, and it can
activate showing the dependencies for the selected cell. But right now
I have to go and I cannot complete it. I will check your message
tomorrow and, if you have not found anything of help, I will come back
with a macro for this.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides