-   -   color of filter arrows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/68724-color-filter-arrows.html)

Tanguy Huysmans

color of filter arrows

When I apply a filter to an Excel spreadsheet, the arrows
at the top of each column are black. When I apply the
filter to a column, the arrow turns blue. I am having
difficulty seeing the color difference and was wondering
if there is a way to change the color for the arrows so
that when the filter is applied it turns a brighter color
(perhaps red?)...

If anyone knows how to do this, I would appreciate hearing
from you.
--
Tanguy

Debra Dalgleish

color of filter arrows

You can't change the colour of the filter arrow.

However, if you can use programming, you can colour the heading cell of
the filtered column. There's a sample he

Under Filters, look for 'Colour Filter Headings'

Tanguy Huysmans wrote:
When I apply a filter to an Excel spreadsheet, the arrows
at the top of each column are black. When I apply the
filter to a column, the arrow turns blue. I am having
difficulty seeing the color difference and was wondering
if there is a way to change the color for the arrows so
that when the filter is applied it turns a brighter color
(perhaps red?)...

If anyone knows how to do this, I would appreciate hearing
from you.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List