-   -   Macro to highlight cells based on content (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/68723-macro-highlight-cells-based-content.html)

JimDerDog

Macro to highlight cells based on content

I have a spreadsheet generated by an Access query being exported. It lists
names down the first column, then has 5 columns, some cells in these columns
are blank, some with "1" in them, some with "2", some "3", and some "4".
I need to highlight cells with any number greater than 1, or any two
adjoining cells in a single row that have greater than or equal to "1" in
them.
I presume that this would require some sort of conditional formatting - I
can probably do the first but struggle with the 2 adjoining cells bit.
The other complication is that this spreadsheet is produced on a weekly
basis so it would be very useful if the process of highlighting could be
automated in a macro so we open the spreadsheet, run the macro and the
appropriate cells are highlighted.

vezerid

Macro to highlight cells based on content

The following condition will highlight all cells with the conditions
that you specified.

=OR(B21, AND(B2=1, B3=1))

To apply:

Select the 5 columns
Format|Codnitional Formatting...
Choose Formula Is
Enter the formula
CHoose the conditional format.

I am not aware that an import would reset all conditional formatting.
But if so, use the Macro Recorder (Tools|Macro|Record New Macro) before
you perform the above steps and reapply the recorder macro whenever
there is a new import.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides