-   -   Read only (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6847-read-only.html)

Inspector

Read only

How do I set a file as read only, or remove a read only from a file I have
created?

Frank Kabel

Hi
try under the menu 'File - saveas'

"Inspector" wrote:

How do I set a file as read only, or remove a read only from a file I have
created?

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

When you have Windows as OS:
Start Windows Explorer (right-click on Start button, and select Explore from
dropdown)
Locate your file, and right-click on it. Select Properties from dropdown.
In File Properties window, check 'Read only' on General Tab. OK/Apply

Remark: When you open your file, it's read-only. You can do changes, but you
can't save them without saving to new file with different name. When you
wanted something different, then you have to give us a more detailed
explanation.

Arvi Laanemets